Improving hospital environmental hygieneOctober 13th, 2016
Hospitals present a complex set of environments, each with its own HVAC needs.
While human beings are the biggest carrier of contaminants in the hospital setting, poorly maintained HVAC units are also responsible for unwanted contaminants entering a room via the HVAC distribution system.
The air handling unit distributes contaminants throughout a room
Transmission of diseases by the airborne route is usually done by small droplets of moisture, or dust particles. Micro-organisms and viruses usually travel on these particles, which can affect open wounds or are breathed into the lungs where they can potentially cause disease and infection.
Health care facilities need to provide air that is safer and healthier for patients and hospital staff.
Advanced mould and bacteria control
It is possible for HVAC units to provide protection from infection and contamination due to airborne micro-organisms, helping to safeguard occupants. However, the system is only as good as the integrity of the HVAC units and the ability to provide microbial protection.
For the last two years, Coolclean has been safely eradicating mould, fungi and bacteria from HVAC units in and around Melbourne. Coolclean AerisGuard Protection combines our hygiene experience with state-of-the-art technology known as ‘AerisGuard’.
Coolclean’s AerisGuard treatment provides protection from airborne contaminants that might enter the HVAC unit, thereby minimising the presence of contaminants and improving overall air quality. Performance certified by CSIRO and HACCP, Coolclean AerisGuard treatment cleans and protects against mould, fungi and bacteria. The treatment provides 12 months’ guaranteed residual protection against microbial contamination.
This is ideal in the hospital environment as control of microbes reduces the likelihood of hospital acquired infections.
The hospital engineer and/or maintenance staff have the responsibility to maintain HVAC systems associated in a risk environment such as healthcare, taking into account that various HVAC systems may vary in age and performance.
Visit www.coolclean.com.au for more information about Coolclean’s AerisGuard Protection for air handling units, evaporators, wall split systems, split ducted air conditioning, and for fan coil units in cool rooms and food production areas.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
Level 7, 91 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
+61 02 8893 1241
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne