Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?September 29th, 2016
There are various approaches when it comes to the maintenance of Cool Room Fan Coil Units and Evaporators. These include Cleaning, Sanitisation, Disinfection and Protection, but which approach is better? Here, we summarise the differences between each method:
- Cleaning – Cleaning is simply removal of dirt, dust and visible debris such as mould or slime. While the appearance of the unit will be improved, this method provides no ongoing sanitisation benefits. Contaminants including bacteria and fungus are not removed.
- Sanitisation – Sanitisation will destroys up to 99.9% of bacteria. Appearance is improved, and bacteria is eradicated for a very short time. However sanitisation does not stop viruses and fungus, nor does it provide any ongoing protection.
- Disinfection – Disinfection will eradicate all microscopic organisms. Appearance is improved, and bacteria, viruses and fungus are controlled for a very short period of time. However it does not provide ongoing sanitisation benefits.
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Protection – Coolclean’s AerisGuard anti-microbial treatment eradicates all microscopic organisms. Bacteria, viruses and fungus are controlled. Coolclean’s AerisGuard’s treatment cleans and remove contaminants from coils and surfaces. It provides long term residual protection to control, prevent and inhibit mould, bacteria, fungi and odour causing bacteria. Protection is achieved through a biostatic protective coating that we apply after cleaning.
Which method is better?
- Sanitisation is better than cleaning.
- Disinfection is better than sanitisation.
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Protection is best practice. Coolclean’s AerisGuard treatment is a proven, validated system that works.
Performance certified by CSIRO and HACCP, Coolclean offers the AerisGuard protection system for cool rooms, food production areas, and HVAC units in offices, facilities and factories.
The anti-microbial treatment is ideal for fan coil units, wall split systems, evaporators, air handling units and split ducted air conditioning.
Coolclean is an Accredited Applicator of the AerisGuard protection system.
We offer no-obligation quotes for this cost-effective, once-yearly treatment. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new Fibreflow cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne