Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling towerNovember 18th, 2016
Many companies believe their cooling tower cleaning regime is sufficient, but it could be beneficial to use a more thorough service.
When it comes to cleaning cooling towers, Coolclean provides all of the following benefits during a routine clean (refer right-hand column).
Coolclean’s standard Clean verifies that the work has been done thoroughly with a comprehensive report, together with photos.
Under Vic Government regulations, cooling towers must be disinfected, cleaned and re-disinfected. There is NO control requirement regarding what is done during the clean. This means that many companies aren’t looking after critical components such as the cooling tower spray system, the fill pack or the drift eliminators.
Why is it important to maintain your cooling tower correctly?
Although the asset value of a cooling tower might be only 5% of the building, the cooling tower often looks after expensive components such as a compressor, chiller or absorption unit. This equipment relies on the cooling tower working well. If the cooling tower runs one degree hotter, wear and tear is accelerated, corrosion increases, and the risk of Legionella is increased. Just one degree difference makes a big difference in operation.
Therefore, it’s important to keep control of the cooling tower, not only to avoid Legionella for public health and safety, but to avoid corrosion and extend the life of the unit.
While the system is shut down, it makes for good maintenance to have every cooling tower component cleaned, inspected and reported on.
An extra two hours’ work on a routine cooling tower clean could save you thousands of dollars.
It makes the most sense for any business that depends on a cooling tower to have a reliability-centered maintenance program, as it represents the best cost efficiency and offers the most predictable outcomes.
We offer a thorough approach, experienced technicians, competitive pricing and peace of mind. Call us now to discuss your requirements.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new Fibreflow cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne