Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room SanitationMay 20th, 2016
Blog: An ideal food storage space, a cool room or freezer that holds spoilable content, is one that’s perfectly cooled and fully protected from bacterial growths, for the contents of this room are hygiene-sensitive. Additionally, temperature changes labour maliciously with unsanitary conditions to promote bacterial contamination, which simply cannot be allowed. Cool room sanitation practices work in tandem with engineering principles to eliminate these threats, with the engineering side addressing temperature management issues while hygiene concerns are overseen by their own set of innovative solutions.
Safety-Oriented Structural Solutions
Technology plays a major role here, with special germ inhibiting aids siding with the aforementioned engineering methodologies in use in cool room layouts. Special coatings are incorporated as part of the structural design. The insulating panels and steel supports are painted in advanced formulations, chemical agents that kill germs, harmful or otherwise.
Architecturally Assured Cool Room Sanitation
The sustainability of this scenario presents big challenges, especially since the cold temperatures and icy domain do not favour standard alloys. The answer is to design the structure with proprietary metals. Zinc-coated steel and exactingly finished substrates deal with the cold. The intelligently sourced metal components won’t crack or corrode, won’t surrender to icy streams of water, and will never present an opportune weak spot for germs to grow and flourish.
Managing Reactive Space
Technological aids pair with the structure of the cool room to double the sanitation-resolving component. For example, when moisture permeates the insulating panels, a galvanic response would be triggered, an event that leads to corrosion and structural deterioration. Fortunately, engineering prowess copes admirably with this threat by ensuring non-catalyzing metals are present. The metal surfaces remain intact and the secondary corrosion-resisting properties of the anti-microbial coating reinforce this material property. The result is a polished metal framework and a series of top-of-their-class insulating panels that are designed for upper-end hygiene purposes. The polished finish of the alloy even enhances cleaning programs by delivering a smooth surface, one that can’t be damaged by harsh chemical cleaners.
The smooth surface finish of smartly sourced cool room materials is designed to prevent bacterial colonies from gaining any purchase whatsoever. Next on the substrate coating ladder, this subsurface profile is armoured by adding anti-bacterial paint, a coating that magnifies a cool room sanitation strategy, pushing the design into a realm where it can be classified as the ultimate sustainable germ fighter, one that satisfies every independent laboratory test and hygiene-related governmental regulation.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne