Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, MelbourneDecember 2nd, 2016
We’ve just finished this cooling tower basin resealing and extension in Melbourne.
Melbourne CBD – November 2016
Summary: Cooling tower basin reconditioning – resealing of fibreglass joints in cooling tower basin
Asset: Tower Thermal Cooling Tower (age approx. 15 years)
We were recently telephoned by a mechanical services company, for a solution to stop water leaking from a cooling tower onto an adjoining roof. The water was corroding the roof sheets and entering the stormwater drain. The leaking water also meant that water treatment chemicals were being lost, potentially creating a biological hazard in the cooling tower (legionella).
We carried out the following actions:
- The fill pack was removed
- We then prepared the surfaces by stripping out the old leaking sealant from the joints
- All joints were resealed by applying a marine grade sealant
- Fibreglass matting and resin was applied over the new sealant and the basin joints
- To provide maximum protection from water leakage, we applied fibreglass epoxy flowcoat over each of the joints to completely cover the matting and resin for a seamless, smooth finish
- The height of the basin was also extended in order to stop the water overflow issue
Our approach was:
- Firstly, to protect the environment by stopping cooling tower water entering the stormwater to prevent biological hazards (legionella);
- to stop the roof corrosion;
- and to protect the other air conditioning assets that are connected to the cooling tower from corrosion due to chemistry fluctuations, such as chillers.
Note: This resealing work can be done for all types of fibreglass units including but not limited to Aquacool, BAC, Coolboy, Lakeside, Temcell, Shinwa and Superchill.
Pictured is an example of fibreglass joint repair to a cooling tower basin.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne