Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and MaintenanceJune 30th, 2016
Blog: A purebred mechanical system becomes a composite when the top features of several processing forms blend together to create a stronger whole-system solution. In cooling system technology, this amalgamated mechanical form employs air and water, heat exchange components and evaporative technology, all in the service of a pedigreed cooling format. Water consumption is reduced while environmental benefits are realised, undoubtedly, but a hybrid cooling systems cleaning and maintenance strategy requires special attention, a considered approach that accounts for a unique cooling profile.
Wet towers use an open-plan design, one that aids heat rejection within the cooling tower. That same open form makes it relatively simple to reach interior surfaces and clean them, but hybrid systems don’t always use this broadened heat rejection profile. Instead, the cooling components are contained within smaller housings and compact enclosures. Sprayed water is mostly missing from the engineering equation here, but evaporative action is still hard at work. Unfortunately, those moisture-laden pads are potential breeding grounds for germs, and, worse still, other issues plague the tube packs and condenser coils within the hybrid form, as dirt and corrosive attacks debilitate smooth functionality.
Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
If a standard water treatment strategy isn’t viable, then alternative maintenance programs must be initiated. The focus assumes a more compartmentalised approach, a methodology that isolates distinctive cooling contributors. Cooling pads are periodically evaluated for growths, both bacterial and algae-related, and a sterilisation program treats the evaporative media. Meanwhile, dry finned and coiled assemblies mandate an additional cleaning measure. Fan-assisted units drive dirt and humid air through the fins and trigger a corrosive reaction. Now, galvanised steel and other strong alloys are typically in evidence throughout the oversized cooling appliance, but scale and dirt will partner to deliver a nasty one-two punch, a surface deteriorating influence that inevitably weakens structural integrity. For instance, unprotected coils are complex geometrical constructs, and those dual forces have a way of working themselves into tiny gaps, so a long-term surface-guarding treatment plan provides a healthy preventative measure.
A combined wet/dry cooling mechanism leverages the best that composite environmental control technology has to offer, which is a solid truism in locales where water is a scarce commodity. Still, the mechanism is often harder to keep within defined hygiene guidelines, so a hybrid cooling systems cleaning and maintenance program must adopt a far more exhaustive treatment procedure if the equipment is to be declared absolutely sterile.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne