Fan Coil Unit MaintenanceMarch 21st, 2016
Blog: Fan blades draw air in through an inlet duct, through a filter, and the newly cleaned air finally enters a sealed storage room as a chilled cloud. In Melbourne, fan coil units only require a handful of parts, mechanical assemblies wrapped in a compact housing, to maintain this cooling fan coil cycle, but every single stage is susceptible to system-deteriorating factors. Someone must assume the process of cleaning, inspecting, and maintaining a dirty coil unit so as to protect the cold store materials. This is the purpose of an all-encompassing fan coil unit maintenance plan.
Mechanical and Electrical Integrity and hygiene treatment
Physical assemblies and electrical subsystems work in harmony in this scenario. The cable insulation is checked for cracks and scrapes, weakened spots that can cause a dangerous short-circuit, especially when high-conductance condensation is part of the local environment. Ball bearings take care of the fan, but they should be sealed or greased, so disassembly and lubrication is a non-issue. Conversely, the fan belts that tie the motor to a segregated fan unit are apt to wear. Tighten the linkage between the units because vibration wears the fasteners. At some point in the not so distant future, replace the fan belts and reestablish the tension in the belt to stop slippage. Ensure that no water enters the electrical motor terminal box as the treatment is applied.
Aeris Treatment – Breaks the Contamination Cycle
We highly recommend Aeris treatment administered by a trained, Accredited Applicator such as Coolclean in Melbourne. Coolclean’s five step AerisGuard process cleans and stops the spread of bacteria and mould at the source of distribution – the fan coils/evaporator units. Aeris hygiene products not only clean but disinfect and protect cooling equipment at the source, actively controllling mould and bacteria within the units on an ongoing basis. The benefits of Coolclean’s AerisGuard treatment can be seen here.
Hygiene Concerns Rate Highly
Replace filters, obviously, to stop outdoor contaminants from entering the cool room. Check supplementary internal filters and replace as dictated by the cool store maintenance plan. This last case is a common part of a preventative maintenance strategy, a plan that stops inconsequential issues from developing into full-blown major system headaches. The continued integrity of the unit pan and drain line stops spores and microbial growths from prospering, thus retaining the cleanliness of a storage area that may contain food or pharmaceutical items. In short, chilled water and DX system hygiene is everything, so keep every hidden piece of equipment inside the housing clean and sanitary. Fan coil unit maintenance absolutely depends on this level of deep-system care and treatment.
A Note on Storage Scenarios
A powerful maintenance procedure protects against threats and cleans the contaminants that enter from the outer atmosphere, but the cold storage space introduces its own threats. Food and growing produce throw spores and mould-inducing bacterial components into what is essentially a sealed environment at Laverton. Combined with the condensation generated within the unit, this unique environment could rapidly become a germ factory without a meticulously applied fan coil unit maintenance strategy in place. It is important to maintain the finned copper coils by fitting a pan tablet, and to pay special attention to periodic drain pan clearance routines and to ensure every inner surface is deep-cleaned.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new Fibreflow cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne