Cooling Tower RepairsFebruary 17th, 2016
Blog: When the Melbourne summer heat strikes, it really hits hard. Cooling equipment absorbs the brunt of the sizzling warmth, but even the best cooling towers in Victoria can struggle to cool and fail when the load is unbearably high. When every inner ball float valve temp sel and thermostat has been checked and rechecked, it’s time to consider internal cooling tower issues. Cooling tower repairs move the focus from your external heat exchangers, to the aqua cool water running over the air intake louvers that stands the test of time but can still trip a circuit breaker or two when the sun is really beating down on your premises.
Nothing less than fully qualified cool master technicians will do when the race is on to troubleshoot the problem. In fact, all cooling tower repairs are time-sensitive to a dedicated repair engineer because the wet bulb temperature is rising and that blunted water stream is doing nothing to alleviate matters. The tech should initiate a series of obvious fixes first. The motors are turned off. The pumps and fans, if still functioning, are also set to the OFF position. And, now that the tower is safe for thermal inspection, the real work begins. Evaporative cooling tower components are checked for damage. A blocked BAC water nozzle or damaged PVC fill pack can easily trip a breaker, so these internal components are among the first to be evaluated. Water droplet Legionella containments are a big factor when water and motors are installed in the same area, so the drift eliminators receive attention. Similarly, the water nozzle spray system could be defective. The nozzles can lose potency when they are blocked with leaves or plastic from the system, which means filters suction strainers need to be inspected, but this is all part of a highly detailed routine inspection, one designed to track faults and restore the equipment to full operability.
Evaporative or condenser cooling is a fine means of reducing an energy footprint to provide superchill water, but this capacity is limited when a weak link in the energy chain undermines cooling efficiency. The seals and casing components are naturally assessed as a matter of course during the repair process for the maxi chill effect. Next, this level of conscientious restorative skill extends beyond basic electrics. Water leaks from the basins result in chemical losses and cooling tower water should not go down the storm water drains. Instead, the cooling tower repairs ceaselessly diagnose the problem, moving from the air intake louvres to the water spray system. Strainers are dismantled and replaced if judged to be necessary. The fill pack and drift eliminators are also subject to a replacement strategy, with effective repair techs committing to the replacement of drift eliminator assemblies in under four hours. Just like the coolness of the lakeside we like to be a coolboy.
Whether an older model with weathered leaking evap co basins or seams or a newer modular unit, the repairs must always restore the tower to full functionality, which means the building air conditioning is climate-controlled once more and the tower is operating at peak energy efficiency.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new Fibreflow cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne