Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite RepairApril 18th, 2016
Blog: Environmental control systems, the heating coils and chillers that populate the recesses of large structures, are designed to match buildings in every imaginable way. Occupied commercial structures employ a large workforce, which causes humidity and body-generated heat. Industrial complexes are no different, with long production lines introducing hard-to-regulate quantities of heat. A commercial and industrial cooling tower system offsets the temperature rise, but what happens when everything grinds to a stop? These systems can’t afford to be offline for any amount of time because excess heat equals human discomfort, possible contamination, and heat-related equipment failure.
The Importance of Onsite Repair
If an environmental control system breaks down, the occupants of the building are in for a rough time. Windows can be opened, assuming we’re talking about a traditional structure, but that’s no way to run a productive business. A commercial and industrial cooling system requires a proactive solution, a maintenance strategy and in-situ repair plan that can return offline cooling equipment to its former functional best without incurring large stoppage intervals. One partial solution here is a series of redundant motors, filters, and pumps. If one device fails, the system simply automatically switches over to a secondary unit. A more comprehensive answer to the time factor problem is the incorporation of an onsite breakdown prevention plan, a preventative maintenance strategy and onsite equipment replacement policy that ensures critical systems are never out of action for long.
The Penalties of System Stoppages
Productivity is a word that gets thrown around far too much, but it’s a difficult term to escape under the twin domains of industry and commerce. For example, a hot factory must operate as efficiently as possible, which means operating conditions must be optimal. Cooling equipment keeps the equipment operating within thermally approved standards. A more dramatic example would be a hospital or a computer server room. Both of these examples must access great pools of cooling energy. Additionally, the hospital demands special filtering assemblies and extra cleaning work, the HEPA filters and rigidly structured sanitary cleansing routines that stop microbial contaminants from joining the fresh airflow entering the building. Quite frankly, stoppages cannot be allowed in these instances, which makes an in-situ repair an essential skill.
Occupancy and function define the requirements of a commercial and industrial cooling system. Redundant secondary systems stop breakdowns from developing into catastrophic scenarios here, but only a full-on onsite maintenance and repair strategy can do this situation justice.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne