Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiencyJanuary 19th, 2016
Blog: Heat exchange coils provide the perfect environment for the colonisation of mould and bacteria.
It would be a stretch of a thin metaphor to say that cool rooms breathe, but there is a similar process at work. Cold air is blown into the room and a set chilled temperature is achieved. Now, should the coils of the cooling unit function improperly, the process then strains to obey the system thermostat. Unfortunately, the coil is so clogged or otherwise fouled that it can’t perform properly. The result is an increase in electrical energy, firstly, and a subsequent rise in interior temperature as the added demand fails to compensate for an unproductive coil. A broken or leaking coil is a matter for a repair engineer, but a dirty coil can quickly be restored to full functionality by initiating a cool room coil cleaning program as part of a maintenance strategy. In other words, enjoy big savings by adopting a preventative mindset.
Dirty coil signs
If the cooling unit is running every minute of every day, then your coils could be dirty. Similarly, energy bills are rocketing even though the thermostat hasn’t been moved from its normal setting. Again, suspect the coils before assuming the worst. The outside of the building may play a part in continually filthy condenser coils, with the input vent sucking in greasy or filth-laden air from the outside. Consider an input stage filter and add this air cleaner to the maintenance program. These are small objectives in the overall scheme, small cleaning tasks that remove dirt and filth, but this one action is often enough to restore the all-important ‘flatline’ performance ethic that you and your clients demand from high-end equipment.
A basic cool room cleaning measure removes layers of dirt from a component of the system, one that only functions properly when every square centimetre of its surface is exposed, fully in contact with the refrigeration fluid and exchange gases that maximise the cooling process. Keep energy demands low and cooling needs uniform by keeping the coils clean.
Coolclean offers a natural enzyme solution to coil cleaning
AerisGuard™ Bioactive Coil Treatment actively protects coil surfaces from contamination, so that the efficiency of the air handling system is maintained over the life of the treatment.
Coolclean’s AerisGuard™ treatment is not merely a surface cleaner, it kills off unseen bacteria and microbes. The treatment is low cost, biodegradable and pH neutral, and provides guaranteed microbial protection. This means that servicing is required only once-a-year.
The process: AerisGuard™ Bioactive Coil Protection treatment is applied to cooling and heating coils after they have been cleaned with AerisGuard™ Bioactive Coil Cleaner and existing biofilm removed. The treatment leaves a thin coating on the coil surface. The product is formulated to release a small amount of the active biocides over an extended period, after which time the Coil Cleaner is used to remove the existing coating and the treatment is re-applied.
Coolclean is an Accredited Applicator of Aeris products. For more information about AerisGuard™ Bioactive Coil Protection for cool rooms and cooling systems visit http://www.coolclean.com.au/our-services/cool-rooms/cleaning-and-sanitising/
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- June 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new Fibreflow cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne