April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleansApril 5th, 2017
We’re currently conducting comprehensive cleans on our clients’ cooling towers, however there is industry pressure to reduce pricing to carry out this work. We’re sending the message below to the industry as a whole as we believe that some organisations are heading in the wrong direction. Cooling towers must be cleaned and maintained correctly – not only to address compliance, but to maintain cooling performance and to save money through energy efficiency.
We ask: ‘What type of cooling tower clean do you want?
- A cooling tower clean to comply; or
- A cooling tower clean that delivers compliance, performance gains and saves money in running costs
No. 2 above is what we provide as part of Coolclean’s standard clean.
Our communication to the industry is below:
Re: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
We’re concerned about the current industry pressure to lower prices for cooling tower water treatment. This pressure seems to be affecting the time allocated for the correct cleaning of cooling towers.
We are raising this issue because we can see the potential for it to affect the quality of work – which can lead to increased corrosion rates, higher operating temperatures, reduced asset lifespan and higher bacteria levels.
We believe that the timeline below should not be compromised, for cooling tower performance and safety. (This timeline is based on Coolclean standard routine clean – one cooling tower, small unit, one man, 4 hours.) Click to enlarge.
What benefits could clients receive from each routine cooling tower clean?
- To be compliant with the regulations
- To improve the performance of a cooling tower
- To inspect every component for function, reliability and corrosion
- To reduce energy consumption, water loss and chemical loss
- To reduce the Legionella risk
- To abide by cooling tower manufacturer’s operating and maintenance instructions
You can discount prices, but you cannot discount TIME. To achieve the original designed cooling performance, cooling towers must be cleaned, disinfected and maintained correctly.
A correctly maintained tower reduces electrical energy costs at the cooling tower and the heat source. It also conserves water and chemicals, reduces bacteria levels, limits corrosion and improves performance. While the cooling tower and the system is offline, Cooclean believes that the unit should not only be cleaned, but it should be fully maintained at the same time. One shutdown, one complete service.
At Coolclean, we are keen to work towards maintaining and improving industry standards.
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2018: Christmas opening hours and emergency contact details
- Nov 2018: We go inside cooling towers
- Oct 2018: Another Sydney building tests positive for legionnaires’ disease
- 2018: Melbourne legionnaire’s death leads to review of cooling tower regulations
- Sep 2018: Coolclean has grown and we now service other States
- July 2018: Find out how to reduce your Legionella risk and possibly save money at the same time
- May 2018: Introducing FlowMatrix, new sister company to Coolclean
- March 2018: Installation of new cooling tower
- Feb 2018: Blocked drift eliminators found, despite maintenance agreement
- Feb 2018: Another Legionnaires’ outbreak in Melbourne – Cooling Towers
- Jan 2018: Eliminate cooling tower corrosion (VIDEO)
- Our cooling tower Spare Parts warehouse is full
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne