Applications and Functions of Cool RoomsDecember 3rd, 2015
Blog: Food safety is a weighty subject, a discipline that uses special guidelines to protect hungry consumers from food gone bad. The subject covers everything in the food and beverage industry, including that all-important matter of storage. Cool rooms are a particularly important part of this scenario, as this is where food is kept fresh, stored until the edible goodies are called forth for consumption.
In Assessing Storage Functions
Food spoils when it gets warm. At best, this means a product will become so warm that it doesn’t taste good. At worst, the stored foodstuff becomes dangerous to eat due to a build-up of bacteria, microbes that flourish on food when the temperature rises above 5˚C. Cool rooms take care of the first issue, keeping the merchandise fresh, cold, and flavourful. Imagine a beer or wine storage area, a cooling space that’s formed from insulated panels and sealed doors. A low-power refrigeration unit drops the temperature, but it’s still comfortable enough to walk into the room for limited periods, although the chill will send a biting tingle down your spine. Perishable products are maintained at an ideal temperature inside this sealed room, thus extending shelf life.
Highlighting Some Chilly Applications
You’ll see cool rooms whenever you’re out shopping for food or a cold beverage. The wine or beer cabinetry in the local market is a cool room. They’re employed as handling and preparation stations within hotel and restaurant kitchens, keeping the food fresh until the cooking begins. Large wineries use the enclosed chambers to preserve the heady flavour of a new wine, keeping the alcoholic beverage at just the right temperature for a taste session. Next, you can add a bouquet of flowers to the bottle of wine, because florists rely on walk-in coolers when they finish an arrangement or even just to stock new batches of plant-stuff. The room is typically glass-enclosed to put floral arrangements on display, but this same glassy outline is just as popular within supermarkets, seen within beer-filled cabinets and their steel-lined shelves. Take a closer look at these cabinets next time you feel thirsty. The shelves actually open up in the back to reveal man-sized storage rooms.
Designed to fill more than a high-end chilling role, these rooms are outfitted with many exceptional extras. Multiple tier shelves hold tubs and crates of food. Sliding or hinged doors incorporate product-specific features, such as the easy loading of heavy barrels of beer. Digital controls ensure the temperature stays well within that critical 0˚C to 5˚C temperature range, thus storing the food at its ideal freshness point.
Regular cleaning of cool rooms in necessary in order to control contaminants and protect food form damage. Until now, cool rooms have required servicing every 3 to 6 months. Coolclean has partnered with Aeris Environmental, whose quality products not only clean but disinfect cooling assets, and extending service intervals to 12 months. Instead of simply “moving the problem to another area”, Aeris leads the world in the removal of microbial contamination (biofilm, mould and bacteria), reducing the load on assets and protecting them from recontamination.
Further information about Coolclean’s Hygiene Services for Cool Rooms and Cooling Systems can be found at http://www.coolclean.com.au/our-services/cool-rooms/cleaning-and-sanitising
Unit 21, 21-22 National Drive, Hallam, VIC 3803
+61 03 8765 9500
+ 61 03 8765 9501
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Dec 2017: Santa’s stocking is full – and so is our warehouse!
- Christmas opening times and emergency contact details
- Nov 2017: Coolclean supplies top quality Brentwood cooling tower parts, for fast delivery Australia-wide
- Nov 2017: Need Cooling Tower Repairs?
- Sep 2017: Jason Christensen – Newly appointed General Manager at Coolclean
- ‘Focus of Legionnaires Outbreak Misdirected’ – Coolclean’s Darren Driscoll, in Climate Control News
- Sep 2017: Services Update – Cooling Tower Repairs, Spare Parts, Melbourne Vic
- Sep 2017: Get ready for summer – Are your Fan Coil Units overdue for a clean?
- July 2017: Manufacturers’ basin coatings don’t stop corrosion
- July 2017 HACCP article: A case of food processing contamination
- Infographic: Are your cooling tower cleans effective?
- June 2017 – Appointment of Michael Perikleous, to manage Coolclean repairs & installations
- April 2017 MEDIA RELEASE: Legionella outbreak in Melbourne – How to help prevent future outbreaks
- April 2017: Legionnaires disease outbreak linked to Melbourne CBD
- April 2017: Pricing for cooling tower cleans
- March 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Fitting correct ball float, Noble Park
- Feb 2017: Legionella and the role of drift eliminators
- Jan 2017: Recent Jobs of Interest: Supply and build new cooling tower, Shepparton Vic
- Dec 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Routine Clean and Fill Pack Performance Clean, Hastings Vic
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin resealing and extension, Melbourne
- We are open over Christmas
- Oct 2016: Two ways to clean a cooling tower
- Nov 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Unblock water spray nozzles to stop the chiller tripping out, Shepparton
- Oct 2016: Recent Jobs of Interest: Cooling tower basin reconditioning, Campbellfield
- Call us for cooling tower repairs this summer
- Guard against mould to reduce health risks
- Coolclean achieves HACCP Certification
- Improving hospital environmental hygiene
- Sanitisation, Disinfection or Protection: Which is better?
- HVAC Systems and Mould Control
- Appointment of new Operations Manager
- The Function of Condenser Coils and Why Cleaning is Required
- Basin Painting and Fiberglassing of Cooling Towers
- The Importance of Well Maintained Drift Eliminators in Cooling Towers
- Hybrid Cooling Systems Cleaning and Maintenance
- Why Fibreflow Cooling Towers Excel in Quality
- Most Common Defects in Cooling Towers That Call for Repair
- Safety, Sustainability Benefits of Anti-Microbial Technology for Cool Room Sanitation
- Technological Evolution and Research for the Enhancement of Cooling Tower Performance
- Commercial and Industrial Cooling System – Breakdown Prevention and the Importance of Onsite Repair
- Benefits of Using Aeris Hygiene Products for Cool Room Sanitation and Cleaning
- Fan Coil Unit Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Sales and Installation Services in Victoria: Why Choose Us?
- Cooling Tower Repairs
- What are Air Handling Units?
- It’s a hot Melbourne summer – is your cooling tower working correctly?
- Coil Performance Restoration for greater Cool Room efficiency
- Due for a New Cooling Tower?
- Cooling Tower Spare Parts – in stock locally, Melbourne